Hospitality and Hairdressing and Beauty
There's never been a better time to become a part of the hospitality, hairdressing or beauty industries as there are so many exciting career opportunities to choose from in a wide variety of settings such as salons, hotels, cruise ships or even the armed forces. You could even set up your own business one day.
What qualifications will I study?
- Level 2 BTEC in Hospitality
- VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy
These are equivalent to two GCSEs.
What will I learn?
The retail and leisure industry pathway combines hands-on, practical study with elements of theory within the classroom.
You'll experience hospitality first-hand within our busy kitchens and restaurant, Colours, whilst studying a broad range of topics such as food safety, planning and cooking as well as an introduction to the industry.
Hairdressing and beauty are not just about understanding how to cut and colour hair, you'll develop a strong knowledge of this growing industry, learn the science behind popular products and learn how to create and research a new look.
Where will this qualification take me?
Once you have completed this qualification at the end of year 11, you'll be able to either:
- Earn while you learn with an apprenticeship in hospitality, hairdressing or beauty.
- Study a full-time hospitality, hairdressing or beauty course at St Helens College.
- Study a package of A levels at St Helens College.