Engineering and Construction
Engineering and construction are two of the largest industries in the UK and worldwide. Every industry depends on the skills of engineers and construction workers.
Whether you enjoy designing, building, drawing, repairing or problem-solving, a career in engineering or construction could take you in lots of different directions from working on transport networks, in renewable energy or on people's homes and large scale buildings. You could even end up running your own business one day.
What qualifications will I study?
- Level 2 BTEC in Construction and the Built Environment
- Level 2 BTEC in Engineering
These are equivalent to two GCSEs.
What will I learn?
You will learn and explore the world of construction and engineering in our industry standard workshops, getting a feel for working in a real, workplace environment.
Through a mixture of practical, workshop and classroom based studies, you'll develop a broad range of skills and experience within engineering and construction, exploring materials, design, maintenance and technology.
Where will this qualification take me?
Once you have completed this qualification at the end of year 11, you'll be able to either:
- Earn while you learn with an apprenticeship in construction or engineering.
- Study a full-time construction course at St Helens College.
- Study a full-time engineering course at St Helens College.
- Study a package of A levels at St Helens College.