0800 99 66 99


If you’re thinking about studying with St Helens College or University Centre St Helens, don't let the cost of studying deter you. You could qualify for some financial support, as well as this we have lots of flexible payment options.

We have a range of financial support packages and additional benefits available for our adult students, aged 19 and over. Plus, your employer, the government and other agencies may offer funding, financial support and loans that can assist you to undertake study. The type and level of financial support/funding available to you may depend on your individual circumstances, such as age, level of study and financial situation.

If you join us on a full or part-time course we want to make sure that you can make the most out of your college experience and that everyone is able to study, regardless of their financial position. It is important that you speak to us to see what financial support help may be available to you.

Free or reduced fee course entitlement

You may be eligible to get up to 100% of your course fees covered if you are:

• Aged 19–23 undertaking Foundation Learning (pre-level 2) or a level 1 course to progress onto a level 2 course or above
• Aged 19–23 undertaking your first full level 2 qualification
• Aged 19–23 undertaking your first full level 3 qualification
• Studying English and/or maths
• If you are in receipt of a qualifying benefit including Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA), Employment Support Allowance (ESA) etc.

Find out more
For more information on the financial support available to you, contact our Student Support team by calling 0800 99 66 99. Alternatively, you can drop into College, Monday to Thursday, 9.00am - 4.30pm or Friday, 9.00am - 4.00pm.

Please note that terms, conditions and exclusions apply. This information is updated regularly, but we cannot guarantee that the detail will remain accurate as Government policy often dictates changes.

* Means tested benefits includes: Income Support, Income Based Jobseekers Allowance, Income Related Employment and Support Allowance, the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit, Child Tax Credit (provided that you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that doesn't exceed £16,190), Universal Credit or support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.