Level 1 Diploma in Wall and Floor Tiling
In our specialist tiling workshops, you will learn how to prepare surfaces, how to fix and apply tiles, as well as creating decorative pattern designs.
Tiling has fantastic job prospects and could provide you with a career for life. This introductory course is ideal for those who have a real interest in tiling within the construction industry.
When will I start the course and how long will it take?
The course will start in September and will take one year to complete.
What will I study?
During this course, you will cover the following:
- Applying and fixing tiling materials to wall and floor tiling installations
- Building methods and construction technology
- Carrying out safe working practices in construction
- Handling and storing construction materials and components
- Information, quantities and communicating with others
- Knowing how to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others
- Mixing construction materials
- Preparing tiles for fixing to wall and floor installations
- Setting out for construction components
In our specialist tiling workshops, you will learn how to prepare surfaces, how to fix and apply tiles, as well as creating decorative pattern designs. In addition to this, you will have the opportunity to gain some work experience within the construction industry.
How is it assessed?
During this course, you'll be assessed by a range of practical and online assessments.
Do I need any previous qualifications to start this course?
You do not need any formal qualifications just passion and a commitment to your studies, however, if you do not have grade C or above in maths and English, you'll be required to complete these qualifications alongside your studies. You must also have a passion for working within the construction industry and commitment to your studies.
English and maths forms an important part of your future, ensuring you achieve the best success in your chosen career. But don't worry, if you haven't got the desired grades, we will still have a course available for you.
What are the course fees?
If you are a school leaver, aged 16-18, (under the age of 19 on or before 31st August 2017), you do not pay tuition fees or examination and registration fees and may be eligible for additional support depending on your financial situation. For more information, please click here.
If you are aged 19+, course fees are dependent on your personal circumstances and you may be eligible for funding. For more information on financial support that may be available, please click here.
What can I go on to do once I have completed this course?
This course is the first step towards becoming a successful wall and floor tiler.
You could progress onto the level 2 study programme or you could secure your own apprenticeship with an employer and earn whilst you learn.Ref: Dave Brown