Level 2 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service
This course provides you with the necessary skills and knowledge to serve food and beverages to the highest possible standards, covering silver service, table service and customer service.
You will be taught by food service professionals, who are well qualified and have previously worked in the hospitality industry.
When will I start the course and how long will it take?
The course will start in September and will take one year to complete.
What will I study?
During this course, you will cover the following units:
- Food safety in catering
- Investigating the catering and hospitality industry
- Health and safety in catering and hospitality
- Applying workplace skills
- Principles of customer service in hospitality, leisure and travel and tourism
- Legislation in food and beverage service
- Menu knowledge and design
- Principles of beverage product knowledge
- Service of hot beverages
- Food and beverage service skills
- Handling payments and maintaining the payment point
How is it assessed?
You will be assessed by assignments, observations of preparing, cooking and serving food and short tests.
Do I need any previous qualifications to start this course?
You will need four GCSEs at grade C or above, including English or maths.
English and maths forms an important part of your future, ensuring you achieve the best success in your chosen career. But don't worry, if you haven't got the desired grades, we will still have a course available for you.
What are the course fees?
If you are a school leaver, aged 16-18, (under the age of 19 on or before 31st August 2017), you do not pay tuition fees or examination and registration fees and may be eligible for additional support depending on your financial situation. For more information, please click here.
What can I go on to do once I have completed this course?
Once you have completed this course, you will be able to progress onto a level 3 professional cookery course.Ref: Barbara Walker