CILT (UK) Level 2 Certificate in Logistics and Transport
The Level 2 Certificate in Logistics and Transport offers a broad understanding of the principles of logistics and provides learners the opportunity to develop an area of specialism or interest.
There is currently a huge skills shortage in the industry resulting in the sector needing to recruit 900,000 individuals leading up to 2020.
When will I start the course and how long will it take?
This course has various start dates through out the year.
What will I study?
This qualification comprises of two mandatory units and two optional units:
- Introduction to Logistics - Providing the student with an overview of the general practices in the working environment.
- Introduction to Customer Service and Marketing - Introduces the learner the main principles of Customer Service and Marketing. The unit includes the concepts of market and the importance of understanding customer requirements.
- Introduction to Freight Transport Services - Introduces the student to freight transport services. The unit covers transport and freight movements and freight and transport costs.
- Introduction to Planning And Operation of Freight Transport - An introduction to the systems used in planning and operating freight in range of areas including local, national and international.
- Introduction to Passenger Transport Services - Introduction to passenger transport services. It covers transport and passenger movements;
- Introduction to Planning and Operating Passenger Transport - Introduces students to the systems and mechanisms used in planning, organising and operating passenger.
- Introduction to Warehousing and Inventory - Introduce learners to the concept of warehousing and inventory and its place in a supply chain. The unit covers topics including storage and materials handling, warehousing principles and processes and managing inventory.
- Introduction to Purchasing - An introduction to the concept of procurement and the need to achieve a professional procurement function.
How is it assessed?
You will be supported through assessment by your tutor.
Do I need any previous qualifications to start this course?
There are no formal entry requirements although a basic level of English and maths would be advantageous.
What are the course fees?
Course fees are dependent on your personal circumstances and you may be eligible for funding. For more information, please click here.
What can I go on to do once I have completed this course?
Upon successful completion of this course, you could choose to progress onto our Level 3 Certificate in Logistics and Transport.
I'm interested in this course, what do I do next?
If you would like any further information in relation to this course, please contact our enquiries team directly on 0800 99 66 99 or email enquire @ sthelens.ac.uk or drop into our next Enrolment and Information Event. Alternatively, submit an application form to secure a place.Ref: Tracey Boardman