Full NEBOSH National General Certificate Occupational Safety and Health - Level 3
The National General Certificate has been designed for managers, supervisors, employee representatives and others who require a basic knowledge and understanding of occupational health and safety, so that they can fulfil their workplace responsibilities. It is also suitable for those who wish to progress into health and safety as a career.
The course leads to the standard nationally examined qualification in health and safety, and covers the following topics outlined in the NEBOSH syllabus:
- Management of health and safety at work.
- Risk assessment.
- Legal requirements for health and safety.
- Safety hazards and controls for machinery and equipment, fire, electricity, construction, transport and handling.
- Health hazards and controls for chemicals, physical and psychological hazards and controls.
The approach is practical rather than theoretical, and where possible is directly related to the work experience of course participants.
Please note: The NEBOSH General Certificate can be completed in full or by studying individual units (NGC1 and NGC2 and 3). If you would like to complete this course via individual units:
- NEBOSH General Certificate (NGC1)
- NEBOSH General Certificate (NGC2 and NGC3)
Course duration and dates
The course takes 30 weeks to complete if studied one evening per week and 15 weeks if studied one day per week. Our day sessions take place at 9.00am - 4.00pm and our evening courses take place at 5.30pm - 8.30pm.
The course starts on the following dates:
- January 11th 2017 (Day Course)
- April 20th 2017 (Day Course)
- June 21st 2017 (Day Course)
- September 7th 2016 (Evening Course)
- November 14th 2016 (Evening Course)
- February 22nd 2017 (Evening Course)
- February 23rd 2017 (Evening Course)
There are three formal externally marked exams:
- Unit 1 NGC1 The Management of Safety and Health.
- Unit 2 NGC2 Controlling Workplace Hazards.
- Unit 3 NGC3 Practical Inspection and Written Report.
Candidates should possess basic numeracy and reasonable literacy and report-writing skills, normally at least to level 2. Extra support is offered in exam technique and study skills.
The cost of this course is £1050, which includes the workbook and exam fee.
Successful students may progress to the NEBOSH Level 6 Diploma in Health and Safety, a Degree, or NVQ Level 4/5 in Occupational Safety and Health.