Prince's Trust Team Programme
The Prince's Trust Team Programme is a FREE, 12-week, personal development programme for those aged 16 - 25. The Team Programme is ideal for those who want to improve their confidence, get back into education or get the job they really want. Taking part in this challenging and intensive programme enables individuals to gain a level 1 Personal Development, Teamwork and Contributing to the Community qualification. A qualification that is nationally recognised and is often held in high regard with businesses and community organisations.
When will I start the course and how long will it take?
The Prince's Trust Team Programme takes 12 weeks to complete, with various start dates throughout the year.
- Team 82: Monday 9th January 2017
- Team 83: Monday 23rd January 2017
- Team 84: Monday 24th April 2017
- Team 85: Monday 8th May 2017
- Team 86: Monday 4th September 2017
- Team 87: Monday 25th September 2017
What will I study?
The Team Programme will give you the opportunity to develop key life skills such as communication, problem solving, personal development, community involvement, work experience, interview and work preparation and working as part of a team.
You will cover the following units:
- Planning for progression
- Community project
- Career planning
- Work experience
- Supporting others
- Presentation skills
The 12-week programme is broken down into the following sections:
- Week 1 - Induction, planning and setting targets
- Week 2 - Team building residential
- Week 3 - Preparation for community work
- Week 4 & 5 - Community project
- Week 6 - Personal community projects/placements preparation
- Week 7 & 8 - Individual placements
- Week 9 - Next steps
- Week 10 - Preparation for final team challenge
- Week 11 - Final team challenge
- Week 12 - Final review, action plan, presentation and celebration.
How is it assessed?
Students achieve the qualification through the development and completion of Individual Learning Records (ILR). The assessment methods are designed to reflect the practical and hands on approach of the course, methods of which include:
- Informal assessment
- Student/tutor feedback
- Tasks/product production
- Group and individual work; question and answer
- Witness testimony
Do I need any previous qualifications to start this course?
You don't need any qualifications to join the Prince's Trust Team Programme. Students come from different backgrounds, with different skills, abilities and experiences and the one thing that they all share is a desire to look at, changing or developing an aspect of themselves.
What can I go on to do once I have completed this course?
You'll be able to use your Prince's Trust experience and qualification as a springboard to further opportunities. You could continue onto study full-time at St Helens College, or you might decide to look for employment.Ref: Paula Rowlett