Level 2 NCFE Diploma Entry to the Uniformed Services
If you're planning a career in the armed forces or other uniformed service, you'll be studying topics that will prepare you for your future career.
This includes developing your teamworking and problem solving skills, improving your fitness and carrying out map reading and navigation.
When will I start the course and how long will it take?
The course will start in September and will take one year to complete.
What will I study?
During this course, you will cover the following units:
- Investigating employment in the uniformed services
- Exploring aspects of physical fitness
- Developing team working and problem solving skills
- Showing and understanding of health, safety and hygiene
- Service routine
- Following uniformed services routine
In addition, to two optional units from the following:
- Participating in competitive sports
- Participating in adventurous activities
- Exploring aspects of telecommunications
- Assisting in motor vehicle maintenance
- Exploringing equality and diversity
- Workinging as a volunteer within a chosen organisation
How is it assessed?
You will be assessed through a combination of assignments, projects, case studies, practical exercises and tests.
Do I need any previous qualifications to start this course?
You should have four GCSEs at grade D or above.
English and maths forms an important part of your future, ensuring you achieve the best success in your chosen career. But don't worry, if you haven't got the desired grades, we will still have a course available for you.
What are the course fees?
If you are a school leaver, aged 16-18, (under the age of 19 on or before 31st August 2017), you do not pay tuition fees or examination and registration fees and may be eligible for additional support depending on your financial situation. For more information, please click here.
However, if you are 19+, course fees are dependent on your personal circumstances and you may be eligible for funding. For more information, please click here.
What can I go on to do once I have completed this course?
You'll have an enhanced CV for applying to your chosen uniformed service when you've completed this course.
You'll also be better prepared to tackle the training in the armed forces or other uniformed service, as you will have achieved excellent physical fitness and determination.Ref: Clare Webster