0800 99 66 99

University Centre St Helens welcomes applicants with a wide range of qualifications and/or experience and each application is assessed on its own merit.

General Entry Requirements

We accept qualifications such as A and AS levels, BTEC, International / European / Welsh Baccalaureate, Scottish Highers, Irish Leaving Certificate, Access to Higher Education Diploma, NVQ Level 3 (alongside other recognised qualifications), Advanced Diploma, and Open University credits.

Entry requirements for all courses in this prospectus is expressed in the form of UCAS Tariff points.

Further information is available via UCAS at ucas.com.

Applicants returning to study

We welcome applications from those who wish to return to study after a period out of education and recognise that applicants come from a variety of ages, backgrounds and experience. Offers of a place on the course will not be based solely upon academic qualifications alone and related skills gained in the workplace will also be considered. The final decision in terms of acceptance onto a course will lie with the Programme Leader.

Disclosure and Barring Service

Some of our degrees require you to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. This will be to assess your suitability for access into careers where you will come into contact with children and/or vulnerable adults. In the event of a disclosure, this must be discussed with the Programme Leader prior to entry who will then provide advice relating to placement and future employment criteria within that particular subject area.

How to Apply

UCAS (the Universities and Colleges Admissions Services) is the central application service for all full-time undergraduate courses in the UK. All applications must be made online at ucas.com. Applications to join us in September 2018 can be submitted from 6th September 2017 onwards.

Students at a school or college registered with UCAS
Most UK schools and colleges are registered with UCAS to manage their students’ applications. Advice is available from your teacher or a careers adviser at your school or college. You should fill in the application online and send it to your referee. After checking your details and adding the reference, your school or college submits your application to UCAS. You can pay online using a credit or debit card or you may be able to pay through your school or college.

Independent Applicants in the UK
UK applicants who are not at school or college should apply online independently. This is common if you are a mature applicant who will not be able to seek advice from a teacher. You will be responsible for paying the application fee and you should contact your referee to ensure they are willing to complete a reference online. You will need to provide their contact details so that UCAS can contact them to request your reference. Our Career Adviser is available to offer assistance with applications. Please contact 01744 623236 to make an appointment.

All Applicants

Full instructions and further guidance on how to apply are available at: ucas.com/how-it-all-works/ undergraduate.

The institution code for University Centre St Helens is: STHEL S51

Closing Date

The initial closing date for receipt of applications is 15th January each year for most of our degrees.

Art and design courses
Applications for our art and design courses should arrive at UCAS by 6.00pm on 24th March 2018.

University Centre St Helens, however, will consider applications made after this closing date, subject to places being available on your chosen course(s).


You can apply to study on one of our part-time degree courses all year round. To apply, please complete the adult online application form.

When completing the application form please provide as much information as possible as we intend to recruit students from a varied range of backgrounds and experience onto our courses. Offers of a place on the course will not be based solely upon academic qualifications alone and related skills gained in the workplace will also be considered. The final decision in terms of acceptance onto the course will lie with the Programme Leader.

If you need any help filling in the form call the University Centre St Helens Admission team on 0800 99 66 99 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..