Childcare and Health and Social Care
Working in childcare or health and social care can be very rewarding as you'll be making a huge difference to people's lives every day.
You may find yourself caring for children, the disabled, the sick or the elderly within a variety of job roles such as a nurse, social worker, midwife, paramedic, dentist, surgeon or optician to name but a few. Whatever you decide to choose, your skills will definitely be in demand.
What qualifications will I study?
- Level 2 CACHE Childcare
- Level 2 BTEC Health and Social Care
These are equivalent to two GCSEs.
What will I learn?
Childcare, health and social care cover a very broad range of topics from an introduction to working with children, their development and wellbeing to promoting healthy lifestyles and understanding how the body works.
You'll be able to apply this new knowledge and range of skills to the next stage of your education journey.
Where will this qualification take me?
Once you have completed this qualification at the end of year 11, you'll be able to either:
- Earn while you learn with an apprenticeship in childcare or health and social care.
- Study a full-time childcare course at St Helens College.
- Study a full-time health and social care course at St Helens College.
- Study a package of A levels at St Helens College.