St Helens College's Mission Statement
"Delivering excellent education
and skills for life and work"
Statement of Aims
Our Mission Statement is underpinned by a number of aims:
- To power the economic development and welfare of the local community, Liverpool City Region and the Northern Powerhouse by providing the skills employers and individuals need;
- to build students' confidence and employability skills, including English and maths, through excellent careers advice and work experience resulting in progression to further study or sustainable employment;
- to ensure successful education, training and personal, social, moral, cultural and spiritual development and welfare for each individual ensuring that they are well prepared for life in Britain today;
- to achieve very high customer satisfaction from students, parents and stakeholders;
- to inspire and challenge students, College staff and managers to excel in a supportive culture of high expectations, enterprise and innovation;
- to provide excellent industry standard resources for students and staff motivating high performance and innovation in the teaching and learning process;
- to lead in Employer – College partnerships for the benefit of all partners and the local community;
- to be an inclusive college where fundamental British values are promoted and each individual is respected, valued and safeguarded;
- to provide an enjoyable, safe, supportive and caring learning environment;
- to provide outstanding value for money ensuring high quality education and training.
Public Value Statement
The College seeks to add value to the social, economic and physical wellbeing of the communities that we serve by:
- Providing education and training in accordance with the College's mission, statement of aims and values to maximise the life and job prospects of the individuals and meet the needs of the employers and the communities in general.
- Raising aspirations of individuals and the communities by promoting prospects and celebrating success.
- Ensuring a broad curriculum offer with good progression routes from entry level.
- Promoting healthy lifestyles and good citizenship skills to all students and colleagues.
- Being responsive to the changing needs and circumstances.
- Actively listening to and engaging with the stakeholders of the College, aiming to provide the best possible service.
- Being a respectful and responsible employer.
- Acting with corporate integrity in partnerships and in general.