Level 1 Diploma in Bricklaying
With this course, you will learn how to construct block, brick and cavity walling and will develop the hand skills needed to use a variety of tools.
Your listening and problem solving skills will form a big part of this course as you'll work independently to complete a variety of written and practical tasks.
Bricklaying has fantastic job prospects and could provide you with a career for life.
When will I start the course and how long will it take?
The course will start in September and will take one year to complete.
What will I study?
During this course, you will cover the following units:
- Constructing block walling
- Constructing brick walling
- Constructing cavity walling
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Knowledge of construction technology
- Knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others
- Mixture of construction materials
- Setting out for basic masonry structures
You will learn how to construct block, brick and cavity walling and will develop the hand skills needed to use a variety of tools.
In addition to this, you will have the opportunity to gain some work experience within the construction industry.
How is it assessed?
During this course, you